Saturday, May 26, 2007

Fee, fi, fo fum

Fee, fi, fo fum, I smell the blood of .... a French Girl?

Joy of joys - we are at our home away from home in wonderful, sleepy, surf city, San Clemente, California. What's more - it's near a fabulous LYS! We had the best of all mornings - trolling through a bookstore and then a yarn shop. Not just any yarn shop, but La Petite Knitterie in Ladera Ranch. So much yummy yarn and so little time (DB anxiously patiently waiting to move on to lunch). Never known to visit a yarn shop without leaving with some treasure I quickly swooped up a perfect summer knit - Fifi (French Girl pattern) in Rowan Calmer. I chose the color Cora - which is not a typical color choice for me - and is one reason why I find an occasional trip to the LYS essential. The yarn shop owner is usually very helpful in choosing a color that will look good on you. I generally stick to my traditional colors when ordering on line as I don't want to end up with a color that just doesn't work on me. Anyway, here's Fifi:



I also picked up a mystery book - Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. I have no idea if this book will be any good or not - but how could I resist?



Last, but certainly not least, Mr. Puffy got his favorite treats from San Clemente - a tin of Claudia's Gourmet Cookies from Claudia's Canine Cuisine (No - I'm not that "Claudia") and trust me these cookies smell good enough to snack on myself. After lunch DB and I shared a super delicious slice of coconut cake from the Pacific Whey Company. We all agree, San Clemente is a wonderful place to be.

No comments: