Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Mad Hatter


What better project than hats when the weather turns cool and time is limited! This was a hectic week but I had fun knitting these little hats to "freshen up" our winter wardrobe. I actually used yarn left over from the felted slippers that I knit last spring. I always seem to have extra yarn that I keep with the thought "some day I'll make that into a hat." And, this time, I actually did! It's Manos Del Uruguay (100% wool) and I used the basic hat pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. The only modification was to add a little ribbing at the edge to prevent too much "rolling" of the brim.
I love hats and feel you can never have too many as they give a fun pop of color to an outfit. They are also incredibly useful when you take those early morning walks in the winter....that Mr Puffy enjoys so much.

Scarfs are also useful at this time of year and I'm just starting a very pretty "Lace Scarf With Ruffle" using yarn from Capistrano Fiber Arts Studio (70% baby alpaca/30% silk). Lori Lawson, the owner, both designed the scarf pattern and handpainted the yarn. I have to say I was very thrilled with the quality and beauty of this yarn when it arrived and I' am looking forward to this knit!


6 comments:

Monika said...

Mr. Puffy seems to like his new hat! I like the pictures, of course. ;o) The lace scarf yarn is a lovely color. Looking forward to see it done! You find projects I've never heard off before. Very intersting.

Bridget said...

You and Mr Puffy look quite fashionable! I really like the hats (and I must admit that I am a big fan of hats in general).

Oh, I can't wait to see the scarf, that yarn is a great color.

jillian said...

That is too cute! You both look adorable in your new hats!

Lori's colors and fibers are truly stunning, I have some in the stash just waiting for the right project :)

Pat K said...

Very pretty yarn for the scarf. And it looks like a lovely pattern. I'll be waiting to see the finished product. And Mr. Puffy is quite the debonair gentleman in his new hat.

A South Park Republican said...

I love the matching hats! Will Mr. Puffy actually wear it for an entire walk?

amanda said...

you two are so adorable and so are the hats!