Friday, November 16, 2007

Isn't It Ironic?

It's ironic, in the midst of a particularly difficult time, Mr Puffy and I received something that put a smile on my face. I'm talking about receiving the "You Make Me Smile Award" from the talented Monika of Smoking Hot Needles. This was a real compliment for which I thank you Monika. Monika is, by the way, without a doubt the most amazing knitter on this planet (and trust me - I've checked out a lot of knitting blogs - so I know of what I speak). If it's knitting lace, socks, dolls, hats, cardigans, vests, or spinning, sewing, cute dogs, and good writing that you like - head on over to her blog - you won't be disappointed! (She's also really wonderful about answering questions and sharing her patterns).

As a recipient of this award, it is my great pleasure to pass it on to five blogs that make me *smile.* This was not a hard choice for me because, while I surf a lot of blogs, there are only a handful that I regularly read. Those blogs (and reasons why) are as follows:

1. The Ravell'd Sleave. Bridget makes me smile because her taste, thoughts, and experiences (and books she has read and/or is reading) are so similar to mine.

2. Snitty. Jillian puts a smile on my face because she is a great one to go "shopping" with. If there is a cute new pattern or a "hot" yarn sale - she'll be the first to share it with you. She's also a fantastic knitter.

3. Fancie Pants. Amanda makes me smile because she is so elegant and her knitting is so beautiful.

4. A South Park Republican. Amy flat out makes me laugh - I simply find her writing amuses me. Be forewarned, her title says it all.

5. Knit the Classics. This blog makes me smile because I enjoy seeing the books they have chosen (typically books I have read and love) and seeing how that book has inspired their knitting.

There you have it. If I don't post again until after Thanksgiving, please enjoy a wonderful holiday with your friends and family.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Thank you so much, it's nice to receive a compliment like that!

Hope whatever was rough is easing up some.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the award. I agree with her selection!

I love Fancie Pants Knits. I will have to check out the other blogs.

jillian said...

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much!! Now that's a way to start the day! And huge congrats on your award - you certainly deserve it. Your gorgeous projects, beautiful locales, and cute Puffy always make me smile! I also hope whatever was troubling you is or will be passing.

Monika said...

Oh, boy, you made me blush! Nobody ever said so many nice things about me!
I'm looking forward to learn about new blogs (as if my list wasn't long enough already!).
I'm with the others, hope your worries or whatever is troubling you will be over quickly. My DH is going to Dubai for sure now.

amanda said...

Awww, thank you! I am so flattered, really.

I really enjoy your blog too. You knit really beautiful things and Mr Puffy is adorable.

Hope that whatever is difficult in your life now soon passes...