Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Waiting Game!

For those of you who watched ND's opening football game, I think Mr Puffy's wincing reaction to hearing the score says it all. Nuff said.

Moving right along, I am happy to announce joining the Second Wave Clapotis KAL. Yeah. I have wanted this scarf 4ever. Bridget is kindly hosting this event and making it happen for me. Thanks Bridget!

I wasn't sure what yarn to use, so Mr Puffy rummaged through my stash and chose some Tess' Designer Yarns, Ivory and Silk (50% silk/wool blend) ~ sport weight ~ he's so helpful. I think the color was a good choice for a scarf.



Since this is a sport weight yarn, I'll have to go down to US 5 needles, but living in So Cal this weight should make a great scarf. Fortunately I have 2 skeins so I'll have enough yarn to knit the full size even though I'll be knitting at a smaller gauge. The KAL begins on the first day of Fall, September 23, 2007 so if you are interested, there is still time to knit along.

While waiting for the Second Wave KAL to begin, I've been working on Cherry using Classic Elite Yarns, Premiere (pima cotton/tencel) which is nice to knit with despite its being cotton. I have wanted to knit this pattern for some time but hesitated because cotton can be hard to knit with but so far, so good, with this yarn.

Here's a close up of the pattern stitch. I really like the textured effect that the slip-stitch creates. And, yes, it is that pink.

6 comments:

Monika said...

I found out that knitting with a cotton blend is very nice.I've been knitting a blanket with cotton/microspun, and now I'm knitting a scarf with merino/cotton, all good. Cotton/tencel must be very soft. I like the color of the Cherry top. Clapotis is one thing I'm not going to knit. Dont' know why, I never felt the love for it. Have fun though! ;o)

jillian said...

Cherry is looking great! That's been on my to-do list forever - sigh :)

Bridget said...

Mr Puffy, I feel your pain over the ND game ... and we may just have to suck it up this week, too ...

Once again - that yarn is the most beautiful ever. I LOVE the colors.

amanda said...

Oooh, loving Cherry. It's become quite popular in blogland. Maybe I should join in.

saphire said...

Hi,
Thanks so much for sharing the shortbread cookie recipe - - they sound wonderful! Do you have contact information for the Lavender Lounge Tea Company? I'd like to order some lavender for this recipe. Thanks a bunch! Rosalia

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Hi Rosalia. I wasn't able to find your email address so I'll respond here! The Lavendar Lounge Tea Company has a website www.lavenderloungetea.com. I also like their French Blend, Organic Black Currant, and Organic Victorian Earl Grey Supreme tea - but then I drink a lot of black teas! I hope you enjoy the teas - the cookies are also nice without the Lavendar and more traditional that way.