Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a Fall Thing


I'm wearing Blue Sky Alpaca's Fitted Tank top. The wrap is Fleece Artist's Goldilocks' yarn. Neither of these knits is terribly compelling on it's own, but together I think they make a nice Fall outfit.


The change in seasons is very subtle in Southern California. But you know it's Fall when you go to the Mall and feel compelled to buy to corduroy pants, candles that smell like cider donuts, and it seems like a good idea to buy chocolates shaped like leaves wrapped in colored foils. Yep, it's Fall in So Cal.

Since we have been very busy lately Mr Puffy and I are going to relax in San Clemente this weekend. He has asked that we go for a long walk on the sand tomorrow and I've agreed. He loves to feel the wind on his face and the sand under his paws. So do I, for that matter.

This is a closeup of the Fleece Artist Goldilocks yarn (mixture of mohair/silk/nylon). It's light weight and warm and if I had to judge something by how often it gets worn ~ this wrap would rank high. I have another in blue that I wear constantly as it's very denim friendly.



The top is a very simple knit and and quite comfortable to wear. The only thing I would have done differently is the finishing around the neck. Even with steaming I find the front neck and back tends to curl a little. I should really treat myself to a knitting book on finishing techniques. Mr Puffy, please make a note of that.
Now, where did I put those chocolates....

4 comments:

jillian said...

Both FO's are gorgeous, and you are right, they go so well together! You are just hitting one home run after another :)

BTW, a slip stitch or single crochet along the edges might sturdy them up.

Bridget said...

That really *is* a great fall outfit! I saw the tank pattern at one of the LYSs near me, and thought it looked like something I would enjoy knitting and wearing. (Did I buy it? Of course not ...)

The wrap is also beautiful - I can see how/why you would wear it frequently.

Hope you and Mr. Puffy enjoy your walk along the sand together!

Monika said...

Hmm, sand between my toes. IT has been a long time, but I still remember that I liked it. Your two new FO's go really well together, and you wear it so beautifully.

Wendy said...

I hear you on the change of seasons thing. I love your wrap!