Sunday, August 19, 2007

Spiraling Away

Who's this? Why that's my Dad holding my August Sockamania KAL socks, still on the needles. He's looking very spiffy, if you ask me. Anyone recognize what blogger inspired this photo pose?

This month I finished my Sockamania KAL socks well before month end. The socks spiral in different directions and were a fun pattern to knit. I used Claudia's Hand Painted Yarns ~ Santa Fe colorway (no, I'm not that Claudia) ~ fingering weight ~ 100% merino wool ~ 180 yards ~ US1 Needles.



I have a smallish foot and typically wear a US 7 or 7 1/2 size shoe (which translates to 9 inches from heel to toe) so beware of yardage issues. In case you were wondering how much yarn I had left over, per pair. Check it out:
Despite the concerns over whether I had enough yarn to finish (not to be minimized) I really liked using this yarn. Notice *blink* *blink* how the blue and gold colors pool together - I particularly like that because I went to Notre Dame and blue and gold are Notre Dame's school colors. Speaking of which, college football season is almost here. A time of great optimism and excitement for me. Notre Dame plays their first game of the season on September 1st and I do look forward to their games. GO IRISH! I also keep my eye on the Washington State Cougars as that's my Dad's alma mater. This is a little problem for Mr. Puffy, who likes to root for the Washington Huskies, but we try and keep his enthusiasm to a minimum around my Dad.

6 comments:

jillian said...

Very spiffy indeed!

And, are you thinking Yarn Harlot?

Bridget said...

Oh, nice socks! I'm guessing Yarn Harlot also ...

So you are an ND alumna? My husband went to grad school at ND, and I worked there in the library while he was attending school! (My parents were "subway alumni ...) So yes, GO IRISH!!

Pamela said...

Beautiful socks! But what I really love is Mr. Puffy. From his name, I was expecting a maltese or shih tzu. What a nice surprise! I grew up with Sam, a beagle, and have a deep love for the breed. Give him a big hug from an admirer.

amanda said...

Congrats on finishing the socks!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Thanks, Pamela! Hug happily bestowed :)

Monika said...

Well, everybody seems to think Yarn Harlot, as do I. Your dad looks spiffy indeed. He looks a little afraid of the sock he's holding! ;o)